PMRD Rotary Feeder
A durable high-capacity rotary feeder for handling dry powders, granular materials, small rocks, or other abrasive materials with relatively uniform material size and low moisture content. Offers an attractive capacity-for-cost ratio compared to tight-tolerance rotary valves. Functionally, both a metering device and an airlock.
- Cement kiln feed
- Dryer feed
- Cyclone discharge
- Ground cement raw materials
- Metallurgical coal
- Pebble lime
- Calcium carbonate
- Activated carbon
Wear resistance is built in for long running cycles before rebuilding or replacement should be considered; a 10 to 15-year useful life is regularly achieved in cement kiln feed applications.
On a dollars-per-CFR basis, priced less than half of conventional rotary valves, the PMRD feeders offer good value for applications requiring > 5 cubic feet per revolution of capacity – particularly applications discharging to atmospheric pressure.
Optional Tri-Braze barrels are well-suited for handling particularly abrasive materials and can often double the cycle between rebuilds.
Applications requiring metering and airlock functionality of 50 TPH or greater handling dry powders or granular materials can be expensive to solve using conventional, tight-tolerance rotary valves; the PMRD was designed to offer a cost-effective solution for these applications.
Dependable cement kiln feed, at the top of the preheater tower feeding stage 1 of the preheater, is a critical function to keeping the kiln operating; large, slow-running PMRD feeders in this application provide years of uninterrupted service.
How It Works
- Fabricated housing with an integral mild steel or Tri-Braze barrel; barrel thicknesses from 5/8” to 1-1/8” thick depending on feeder size.
- The barrel is precision-bored to a concentric, known diameter to provide a true fit with the rotor.
- All barrels are overlaid with an industrial hard chrome, the typical thickness is 0.005” to 0.009” depending on feeder size – provides the first-line defense against abrasive wear.
- Two rotor configurations available depending on the application:
- 8-vane, closed-end helical rotor
- 6-vane, closed-end, straight-vane, rounded-pocket rotor
- Feeder inlet is a double-slope design with replaceable Tri-Braze wear plates bolted to each inlet slope
- The endbells include adjustable brass seals to minimize the possibility of pressurized air migration past the rotor end in pneumatic applications
- Heavy-duty Dodge piloted flange bearings installed outboard of the housing to isolate heat, moisture, and dirt from the bearings
- Nord, SEW, or Sumitomo shaft-mounted gear-motor drive packages for clean, safe installations providing direct application of power with options for variable speeds and other functions
Options and Upgrades Available
|MSHA/OSHA-Compliant Shaft Guards||Operations and maintenance staff safety|
|Zero Speed Sensors||Detect and then alarm or notify that the feeder is not operating|
|304 or 316 stainless feeder construction||For corrosive applications|
|Material Types||Particle sizes typically less than 1” in the major dimension. |
Moisture content typically well below 5%.
Compatible with product temperatures up to 1200° F.
|Power Requirements||Drive motors powered by|
230/460V 3Ph 60Hz
575V 3Ph 60Hz
Other voltages and frequencies available
Zero speed sensors operate at control voltage.
VFD’s operate single-phase up to system voltage.
Let our applications specialists help you with your extreme-duty bulk material handling needs.