Fuel Handling Screw Conveyors
Fuel bin and transport screws for moving mixed, wood-based fuels from storage to the boiler or kiln. Designed for holding up to abrasive, poor-quality fuels, Precision’s fuel handling screws are built for extreme-duty and to run from outage-to-outage with no downtime.
Since every biomass, co-generation, and alternative fuel system is different, Precision fuel handling screws are customized to the lengths, diameters, loads, and fuel types found in the different plants.
- Fuel bin screws – standard fuels
- Fuel bin screws – challenging fuels
- Fuel transfer screws
- Under-pile reclaimer screws
- Biomass-fired power generation
- Sawmill / board plant co-generation
- Pulp & paper co-generation
- Cement alternative fuels
- Materials and designs for outage-to-outage operation with no downtime; depending on the application, 2-3 years between rebuilds for most fuel bin applications and 1-2 years for larger transfer screws.
- Upgraded materials of construction are common: AR400, Tri-Braze, or Super-C flights; supplementary chromium carbide or other hard-facing added to pipe or flights in high-wear areas.
- Exceptionally straight-running screws (TIR of < 0.010” at the shafts and 1/16” at mid-span) to minimize deflective wear on troughs and on bushings, bearings, and trough ends.
- Straight-running, properly-designed screws draw significantly less power – up to 50% less depending on the comparison.
- Long, single-span designs so that hangers aren’t necessary.
Abrasive applications where “off the shelf” screws wear out too quickly; increasing cost of ownership, threatening unplanned downtime, and/or disrupting power or steam production.
How It Works
Custom engineered screws, troughs, and drives; tell us what you’d like to improve your existing system or give us the general parameters of whatever new system you have in mind.
Options and Upgrades Available
Each screw conveyor is designed as a specific solution to the needs of your plant using Precision’s decades of experience with a wide range of fuel types and loads.
|Material Types||All types of wood-based fuels: wood chips, bark, ag waste, construction and demolition waste, saw dust, other mill wastes including trim.|
Plastic-based fuel streams, including shredded products, carpet fibers, trim, etc.
TDF, tire shreds, tire crumb
|Power Requirements||Drive motors powered by|
230/460V 3Ph 60Hz
575V 3Ph 60Hz
Other voltages and frequencies available
Let our applications specialists help you with your extreme-duty bulk material handling needs.